Whether using a hair topper of your own or someone else’s, it is important to keep them clean. Otherwise, the hair topper may start to tangle and become frizzy. If they get too tangled or frizzy, they can lead to many problems with your hair and overall appearance. In this article, we will look at why it is important to keep your hair extensions clean, how you should go about cleaning them, so they are healthy and shiny, and what you should pay attention to when cleaning the hair topper.
Why is it important to clean the hair topper?
Cleaning hair topper is important to keep them looking their best and prevent build-up and bacteria from forming.
How do we clean the hair topper?
Like most people, you probably think that hair toppers are just a temporary fix for your hair woes. But if you want to keep your topper looking good and healthy, you must take care of them! You can clean hair extensions with the same techniques that you use to clean your hair. Here are four steps on how to clean a hair topper:
- Shampoo the hair extension with a mild shampoo; do not use any heavy conditioner or soap or contains harsh chemicals.
- Section the hair extensions into small sections and lather them with shampoo. Massage the shampoo deep into the extensions and rinse thoroughly.
- Repeat step 2 if necessary.
- Place the extensions in a mesh bag or bowl and pour hot water over them until they are wet but not sopping wet. Let the extensions soak for 10 minutes, then rinse them thoroughly in cool water.
How can we protect our hair topper from heat damage?
It’s always important to keep our hair topper looking its best! But what about keeping them from becoming damaged by the heat? Heat can cause hair toppers to shrink, become brittle, and even break. So it’s important to clean them regularly to protect your hair toppers from heat damage. Here are three ways to clean your hair topper:
- Use a Shampoo/Conditioner Combo: If you only have one shampoo or conditioner for your whole head of hair, use it on your hair extensions too! This will help to nourish and hydrate your extensions while cleansing them.
- Use a Mild Cleanser: If you don’t want to use a shampoo or conditioner combo, you can try using a mild cleanser like dilute vinegar or dish soap. Just make sure to rinse thoroughly and avoid contact with the eyes.
- Use a Hair Dryer: If none of the above work for you, you can try using a hair dryer. Make sure to take care not to overheat your hair extensions, or they may be damaged further.
Hair toppers can be a beautiful addition to any woman’s hair, but they need to be taken care of in the same way as any other type of hair. They should be washed and conditioned regularly and kept free from the build-up to last longer.